“The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci
-Leonardo Da Vinci
And then there is Canadian art and of course my favorite group of canadian artists- the Group of Seven. I love their work. Almost every single piece captures how I feel about Canada. The water, the trees, the ice, everything is represented perfectly. Though he was never truly a memeber of the Group of Seven (he died before the group started up offically) Tom Thomson is my favorite. Jack Pine and Northern River capture canada perfectly.
".the best I can do does not do the place much justice in the way of beauty."
-Tom Thomson, letter to Dr. James MacCallum, Oct. 6, 1914, from Canoe Lake Station
-Tom Thomson, letter to Dr. James MacCallum, Oct. 6, 1914, from Canoe Lake Station
But the renaissance and baroque are not the only periods that made beautiful art. People today are still creating things that take my breath away. The style has changed to something more obscure, difficult to understand, meaningful. Though I don't always love modern art (it can be plain werid) somethings artists today create are wonderful. I just hope that one day someone will love a peice of my art. I don't need to become famous or rich, I just want to make at least one person happy.


Great posts Kelly!
ReplyDeleteI love the eclectic subjects. I have almost committed to pinterest as I see the ideas all the time. I am just scared that I will lose my job, my family life, my friends, and my sleep once I immerse myself in this wonderful world of do it yourself ideas. I already have a list from pinterest and I feel overwhelmed. Did you know if you put shower curtain hooks on one hanger, you can hang a whole bunch of scarves up and actually see what you own?!!
My favourite store is called Workshop and it on Dalhousie St. in the market. Everything there inspires me. I made necktie necklaces - they are made from men's ties and you only use the bottom half and thread a silver chain through the knot area. You can pin retro buttons on the tie as well. Very cool.
I liked your other passions (travel and art, fashion) I thought the Mona Lisa was very small at the Louvre - it is like seeing a NFL or NHL game real life. On TV you get the great close ups and you see detail. Live, the plays are so far away. Seeing the small painting of the Mona Lisa it was like I lost the perspective. Of course, it was breathtaking but I almost prefer the blown up / close up images and photos of the painting better.
Crossing one off my bucket list this year ....going to see a Saints game in New Orleans at New Year's :) Ms. Morton